BK Plastic Surgery Hospital
Forehead has a critical role to create beautiful profile facial line.
Well-shaped forehead can make a good proportion in face.
Forehead contouring transforms
a depressed, flat, small or big forehead into a beautiful shape.
Cases requiring Forehead Contouring
A generally depressed forehead emphasizes eyebrow bones
resulting in a musculine appearance.
A partiarlly depressed forehead looks asymmetric.
These conditions can be corrected by filling up the depressed area.
Creating concave can large forehead look smaller.
Such condition as flat requires more volume in general.
Slightly exaggerated concave on the forehead can create enlarge appearance.
Key points of forehead contouring
- The distance between hairline and eyebrows should be the same
as the distance between eyebrows and the nose tip.
- Smooth round contour in profile
- Round and full
- Should not be partiarlly depressed or elevated
-Smooth curve on each side of the forehead
Surgical methods of Forehead contouring
It is a surgical method of adding volume to the general area of forehead
by inserting a silicone implant which is customized
to fit each individual's forehead shape.
Inserted implant is semi-permanant as it does not get absorbed or deformed.
Custom-designed implants yield satisfactory result.
In case of complication, implants are easily removable.
Implants are custom-made 6 days in prior to surgery through sterilizing process.
-Surgical method of forehead contouring using implant insertion
1. Surgery is performed under local and conscious sedation.
2. Implant location is marked.
3. 2~3cm incision is made above the forehead hairline.
4. Space for implant insertion is secured through the incision.
5. Implant is inserted.
Autologous fat grafting
It is to harvest fat from body areas where excess fat is stored
such as thighs and hips and graft onto your forehead in multiple layers.
This method is also known for body contouring effect
since the procedure grafts unnecessary fat from your own body.
1. Fat graft is an incision-free procedure leaving no scar.
2. Unlike foreign materials, autologous fat causes almost no complications.
3. Revisional surgery can easily be done if needed.
4. Recovery period is short due to mild swelling .
5. Absorption of grafted fat may occur to some degree ;
additional fat graft may be required.