Wednesday 6 August 2014

Don’t Bat An Eyelid

Dr. Kim Byung Gun of BK Plastic Surgery answers the most pressing questions
regarding eyelid surgery.



"Eyelid surgery scars should be removed, as leaving them as they are will give a patient more stress."
- Dr. Kim Byung Gun


At the mention of eyelid surgery, most people only think of a procedure for those desiring double eyelids. Well, double eyelids are just one enhancement of this treatment. Of course, it is true that South Korea is ranked number one in the world for its eyelid surgery; however, most of my patients, before and after eyelid surgery, still have typical questions for me. I wish to answer these frequent questions, which often revolve around these three scenarios:
I WANT TO DO REVISION SURGERY
Some of my patients come after their first surgery done by a different plastic surgeon. They complain about their bad results after surgery and ask me how to fix the problem. I give them my solutions regarding revision surgery. Usually, revision eyelid surgery is more complicated than the initial surgery. This is because some patients might still have some scars after primary surgery around their eyes. With this scar tissue, it is not easy to do revision. However, this is better than leaving it as it is, because it will keep giving more and more stress to patients.

I WANT TO REMOVE ALL SCARS AROUND MY EYES
Similarly for the removal of scar tissue, I totally relate to my patients when they worry about scars after surgery. When the results that turn out are really unnatural, with many scars around eyes, most of my patients hate to look in the mirror. I don't want my patients to have to live through this. After revision surgery, scars may shrink and become less noticeable over time. 

I WANT TO REMOVE ALL WRINKLES AROUND MY EYES
As skin loses its elasticity with age, one's eyelids may become droopy, producing a sleepy or tired face. The these patients who want to remove wrinkles around the eye area, I recommend having one of the different types of anti-aging procedures, such as upper eyelid lift, upper blepharoplasty, or lower eyelid lift, lower blepharoplasty. If patients desire non-surgical procedures, there are other options like fillers or botox. The best I would recommend is our stem cell injection. If you come to our website, you may see two methods using stem cells, stem cell injection and stem cell graft.


Added by Affluent Media on 2 Aug, 2014
http://www.affluent-media.com/beauty-and-fashion/beauty/dont-bat-an-eyelid/






No comments:

Post a Comment